1. Bad times make a good man.
2. There is no royal road to learning.
3. The greatest test of courage on earth is to bear defeat without losing heart.
4. A man's best friends are his ten fingers.
5. Only they who fulfill their duties in everyday matters will fulfill them on great occasions.
6. The shortest way to do many things is to only one thing at a time.
7. Sow nothing, reap nothing.
8. Life is real, life is earnest.
9. Life would be too smooth if it had no rubs in it.
10. Life is the art of drawing sufficient conclusions form insufficient premises.